NY State of Health
What is NY State of Health?
The NY State of Health Marketplace is a website that offers public and private health insurance options for individuals/families and small businesses. Financial help is available to lower the cost of coverage. The NY State of Health is mainly for:
- People who don't have insurance through a job or Medicare
- New Yorkers under 65
- New York Small Businesses with 100 or fewer employees
New Yorkers can use the NY State of Health regardless of immigration status. Learn more about options for Immigrants.
Five Key Facts about NY State of Health
How to Enroll
NY State of Health Marketplace for Individuals and Families
NY State of Health Small Business Marketplace
Find In-Person Help
When to Enroll
You can apply for Medicaid, Child Health Plus and the Essential Plan any time of year. Small Businesses can enroll in health insurance any time of year.
Open enrollment is November 1 – January 31. Private insurance is only available during this time, unless you have a certain life-changing event.
Special Enrollment Periods
If you have a life-changing event, you may qualify for a special enrollment period to sign up for health insurance. For example:
- Becoming pregnant or having a baby
- Getting married, or entering into a domestic partnership
- Losing your health insurance
- Losing a job
- Moving to New York or from County to County
- Changing your immigration status
Download our Special Enrollment Fact Sheet.