Display all Page Content
WorkWell NYC offers free, interactive workshops to NYC worksites in a variety of wellness topics. Our workshops are developed with the unique needs of the NYC workforce in mind.
Because of COVID-19, all workshops are being delivered virtually. Once it is safe to resume onsite sessions, this option will be updated on the request form.
General Sessions View workshops
- WorkWell 101 - An introduction to WorkWell NYC programs and resources available to City employees.
Prevention and Primary Care View workshops
- High Blood Pressure: the Silent Killer - Learn the risks and health impacts of high blood pressure and understand how to prevent and treat this dangerous condition.
- Are You at Risk? The Facts About Preventing Diabetes - Learn more about type 2 Diabetes and what you can do to reduce your risk and lead a healthy lifestyle.
Healthy Eating View workshops
- Nutrition 101 - Explore the basics of healthy eating and learn how to make lifestyle changes to eat healthier.
- Favorite Meals Made Healthy - Learn how to make healthy swaps to your favorite meals to keep them joyful and delicious.
- Eating Healthy on a Budget - Discover ways to budget, plan, and use what you have to make healthy, yummy, and affordable meals.
- Cooking Demonstrations – Take a virtual journey into the kitchen of our trained chefs to learn how to make healthy, easy recipes from wherever you are. Participants can cook along or watch and learn!
- Use What You Have: “Kitchen Sink” Frittata – Learn how to maximize what you have on hand to minimize food waste. (45 minutes)
- Chop It Up: Avocado Corn Salad – Learn how to sharpen your knife skills to chop vegetables safely and quickly. (45 minutes)
- Eat the Rainbow: Sweet and Spicy Noodles – Learn about the importance of colorful foods in a healthy diet. (45 minutes)
- Dress it Up: Sweet and Savory Watermelon Salad –Learn the flavor formula to make homemade dressing and a restaurant-quality salad. (45 minutes)
- Crunch Your Cravings: Crispy Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos – Learn healthier ways to satisfy your cravings for crunchy and crispy foods. (90 minutes – best for after work)
- Veggie Pizza Party: Butternut Squash, Arugula, and Onion Pizza – Learn how to make quick-rise pizza dough at home for a healthy, hearty takeout makeover. (90 minutes – best for after work)
Physical Activity View workshops
- Get Moving! The Beginner's Guide to Getting Active - Discover simple ways to incorporate fitness into your life. All activity levels welcome!
- Self Massage - Learn self-massage techniques to relieve stress, relax sore muscles, and improve blood flow.
- Ergonomics 101: How to Hack Your Workspace - Discover simple ways to improve your workspace, stay organized, and manage your workday to optimize your well-being at work.
Mental Well-Being View workshops
- Introduction to Mindful Meditation - Learn meditation techniques for relaxation and stress reduction. All levels welcome!
- Creating Supportive Connections - Learn how supportive connections can aid in stress management, strategies for combating loneliness and social isolation, and steps you can take to strengthen your social network.
- Mindfulness Matters - Learn different ways of cultivating mindfulness and integrating it into your daily self-care practice.
- Sleep Soundly - Learn about the connection between sleep and mental health, various sleep disorders, and strategies for improving your sleep quality.
- Establishing Work-Life Harmony -This workshop will review how we can create more harmony in our lives by maximizing leisure time, pacing work schedules, and setting boundaries to avoid burnout and minimize stress.
- Mindful Journaling - Learn and practice tips and tricks for mindful journaling to expand creativity and meaningful change in our lives.
- Navigating Change - Our lives have forever been changed by COVID-19, and work life may be a bit unsettling and unfamiliar. In this workshop, learn how to navigate the changes of the past year. We will offer tools to help you create supportive communities in your workplaces.