Introducing... Let’s Talk!
Let’s Talk about mental health. Approximately 1 in 5 New Yorkers experience a mental health disorder each year. Mental illness is extremely common and is often hidden due to the stigma associated with it. The workplace is a critical point of entry to reach employees with mental health needs. There’s a lot each of us can do to help create a stigma-free work environment.
The Let’s Talk campaign encourages each of us to take active steps in creating more inclusive, supportive work environments by:
- Promoting education and awareness about mental health issues and how they appear in the workplace
- Developing programs that support culture change around mental health in the workplace
- Empowering employees to seek resources and offer support to each other
WorkWell NYC recognizes that there are many factors that can impact your mental well-being and affect your ability to take care of yourself and others. Our Be Well program is designed to address your needs and support you through tailored mental resilience and self-care programming. Our programs can be offered at the workplace or through a remote service for digital participation and currently include:
- Meditation – Focusing on breath work and awareness building.
- Self-massage - During this workshop, participants learn self-massage techniques to relieve stress, relax sore muscles and improve blood-flow.
- Be Well Meet-Ups - Virtual meetups that offer employees an opportunity to connect and decompress with peers, socialize and share experiences.
- Yoga – Be Well Yoga classes are total mind-body workout that combines strengthening and stretching poses with deep breathing and relaxation. These classes can be led in traditional format or chair-based sessions to accommodate all fitness levels.
Sign Our Pledge
Sign the Let’s Talk! Pledge here! By signing this pledge, you are demonstrating your support for the “Let’s Talk!” campaign, indicating you will work to end stigma and encourage conversations about emotional health and wellness in the workplace. Together, we can offer the chance to talk with compassion and acceptance.
Workplace Tools and Resources
- Let’s Talk! Toolkit -- This toolkit is filled with practical tools, resources and activities that anyone can use to improve their mental health and resiliency in and out of the workplace.
- Let’s Talk! Social Media Cards: Use and share these fun social media cards with your coworkers for more ways to make mental health and self-care a priority.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): The New York City Employee Assistance Program (NYC EAP) offers free, confidential information, education, counseling, and referrals to employees and family members.
- NYC Well: NYC Well is your connection to free, confidential mental health support. Speak to a counselor via phone, text, or chat and get access to mental health and substance use services, in more than 200 languages, 24/7/365.
Be Well Program Overview
Be Well’s mission is to improve the emotional, mental and social well-being of City employees through the provision of workplace programs and resources that increase resilience, create inclusive work environments, and empower employees to access and utilize mental health benefits whenever needed.
Our Be Well program partners with Thrive NYC to offer programs and resources to support your emotional well-being and help you manage stresses of everyday life.