In accordance with the New York City Charter, the Director of the Mayor's Office of Operations coordinates and oversees the management of city governmental operations to promote the efficient and effective delivery of agency services. The Director and her Office have the unique mandate to both provide operational support for all agencies, as well as measure and report on agency performance.
Operations is mandated by the City Charter to perform a variety of functions, including:
- Creating a twice-yearly Mayor's Management Report
- Reviewing all proposed rules to ensure they are easy to understand and that agencies have considered the impact of the new regulations on the public
- Measuring and monitoring City performance and making recommendations to improve efficiency
- Overseeing the implementation of agency-based voter registration activities in designated City agencies
- Developing a standardized customer service training curriculum for agency inspectors
- Facilitating and reviewing the annual assessment of agency internal controls and preparation of Financial Integrity Statements based upon the City Comptroller's Directive No. 1.
Other mandates include: