A completely new and improved 2018 edition is now available.
Have you wanted to better understand the city’s complex zoning rules, but don’t have the time to read the entire 1,300-page Zoning Resolution? To help out, the Zoning Handbook is intended to demystify the city’s zoning rules through easily understandable text, charts and images. In celebration of the 100th anniversary of zoning in New York City, and to explain the changes in regulations since the 2011 edition was published, the Handbook has been completely rewritten to provide a fuller picture of the current regulations and the planning ideas behind them. The 2018 Zoning Handbook:
- Makes zoning more accessible to a broader range of people - whether you’re just learning what F-A-R is, you’re a community advocate or you’re a seasoned developer;
- Provides the up-to-date information you need on all zoning changes made since the 2011 edition including the Flood Resilience, Mandatory Inclusionary Housing, Zoning for Quality and Affordability, and Zone Green text amendments, as well as numerous new special districts;
- Ground the Zoning Resolution in the reality of the city’s neighborhoods through new illustrations and photographs showing what can be built under zoning;
- Is re-oriented into a landscape format to enhance the book’s overall legibility and easier to read Tables.
To purchase the DCP Zoning Handbook:
- Fill out this order form and mail it to the Department of City Planning’s office.
- Visit the DCP office at 120 Broadway, 31st Floor, New York, NY 10271, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- If you wish to order with a credit card, you may do so through this link.
The Zoning Handbook is also available in New York City libraries.
Any questions? Contact email@example.com or call 212-720-3300.