Street Event Applications
Which activities require a Street Activity Permit?
- Special events, stunts, red carpet events, press conferences, and media days.
- Street festivals, block parties, religious ceremonies, and farmers' markets.
Learn more about Street Activity Permits
Which activities require a Parks Department Special Events Permit?
- Athletic, general, promotional, commercial, and private events held within a park.
- Temporary vendor permits for revenue-generating activities.
- Events or activities where 20 or more people will be present.
- School picnics, birthday parties, and field days.
Learn more about Parks Department Special Events
Which activities fall under the parameters of obtaining a parade permit?
A parade is any procession or race that consists of a recognizable group of 50 or more pedestrians, vehicles, bicycles, or other devices moved by human power or ridden or herded animals proceeding together upon any public street or roadway.
If there is amplified sound at my event, do I need a permit?
Yes, you must go to your local police precinct and obtain a Sound Device Permit.
Learn more about parade and sound permits
Need a petition?
Queens Community Board 13 offers a free, basic petition for your use.