Terms and Conditions
Please use the order page to purchase prints of classic images from the Municipal Archives at New York City Department of Records & Information Services (DORIS). High-quality digital files are also available for reproduction in publications for additional license fees.
- Payment must be submitted with all photograph orders. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express via our online order forms. Make checks payable to NYC DEPARTMENT OF RECORDS. Allow 3 to 5 weeks for completion of order.
- All prints are shipped via US Mail in flat cardboard mailers.
- The Municipal Archives produces archival inkjet prints on a heavyweight semi-gloss paper. Patrons desiring special services (i.e., oversize prints, special cropping, high resolution scans, etc.) should contact the Municipal Archives before ordering.
- Photographic prints are provided for personal use only and may not be transferred to another individual or institution without permission (home decoration and prints as gifts are permissible). If you wish to PUBLISH a photograph, or use it for any commercial purpose, you must apply for permission and pay the appropriate license fee. Please use Municipal Archives Form (MA-45) (in PDF). This is NOT an order form, do not use this form to order a print!
Digital Prints (black & white or color):
- $45.00 per print 8 x 10 inches
- $60.00 per print 11 x 14 inches
- $120.00 per print, 16 x 20 inches
High-Res Digital File (ca. 50MB unless specified):
- $45.00 per file (plus reproduction fee)
SHIPPING & HANDLING
(mail shipments only – no charge for orders picked-up by customer)
Effective December 15, 2009:
|Item Total ||S&H
|$45.00 - $59.99
|$60.00 - $79.99
|$80.00 - $109.99
|$110.00 - $119.99
|$120.00 and up
16” x 20” print: Additional surcharge $15.00
International: Double above S&H charges.