DRIE Forms

Disability Rent Increase Exemption (DRIE) Forms

Application forms are available below.

How to Apply

Download and submit the appropriate form from the list below.

  • New applicants: Use the DRIE initial application.
  • Renewing applicants: Use the DRIE renewal application or, if you have been in the program for five or more consecutive benefit periods, the short-form renewal application.
  • To update your information or take other actions: Choose the appropriate document from the "Other forms and applications" list.

How to Get Help

Contact us, call 311, or visit a Department of Finance Business Center.

Use this application if you are applying for DRIE for the first time.

DRIE Initial Application

Translations coming soon.

DRIE Renewal Application

DRIE Renewal Application (Short-Form): Use this form if you have been approved for DRIE for at least five consecutive benefit periods.

Translations coming soon.



If you need help accessing Department of Finance (DOF) programs and services or need more time because of a disability or physical or mental impairment, you can request additional time to file or obtain other assistance.

To request more time or other assistance, you may call 311, write to DOF, visit the Rent Freeze Program Office at 66 John Street, 3rd Floor, New York, N.Y., Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or complete a "Request for an Extension of Time Due to a Disability or Physical or Mental Impairment." This form is also available by contacting 311. You may need to submit medical documentation supporting your request.

If an extension of time or other request for assistance is approved, you will need to submit all renewal documents and meet all of the program's eligibility requirements.