Make NYC Your Customer
In Fiscal Year 2019, mayoral agencies awarded more than $1 billion in combined prime and sub contracts subject to the M/WBE program.
M/WBE awards by sector
To do business with the City, you must register as a vendor in the City's Procurement and Sourcing Solutions Portal (PASSPort) and Payee Information Portal (PIP). A PASSPort account puts your business on the Citywide Bidder List, while a PIP account provides you with a NYC Vendor Number. This lets you manage your financial transactions with the City. Registered vendors receive alerts about contract opportunities, including contracts not advertised anywhere else.
Finding Contract Opportunities:
- PASSPort facilitates every step of the procurement process - from identifying vendors to contract solicitation and response evaluation, award to contract, and invoicing to payment. To maximize business opportunities, all current and prospective vendors should create a vendor account in PASSPort.
- City contract opportunities for more than $100,000 are in The City Record Online
- Subcontracting opportunities on large commercial projects are available through the Industrial and Commercial Abatement Program (ICAP)
- Many City agencies post current and upcoming opportunities on their websites
Find out what products and services the government buys »
Updating Your Vendor Profile:
If you are a NYC-certified company and your profile in the NYC Online Directory of Certified Businesses is incorrect, you can update your information. If you want to update your:
- NIGP codes: you must log into the City's Procurement and Sourcing Solutions Portal (PASSPort). Please choose *only* the NIGP codes that best describe the products and/or services your business provides. For assistance, please complete the Contact PASSPort form.
- Contact information: please call us at (212) 513-6444 or complete our contact form.
- Business address, company description, and/or experience listed in your profile: you must send a signed request on company letterhead with both old and new information to:
NYC Department of Small Business Services
1 Liberty Plaza, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10006
Attn: Certification Unit, Division of Financial and Economic Opportunity
*Please note that for changes that may affect your businesses' certification eligibility, we may request additional documentation before updating your profile.
Find an upcoming Selling to Government and Corporations workshop »