ApprenticeNYC: Advanced Manufacturing
ApprenticeNYC: Advanced Manufacturing helps New Yorkers develop in-demand skills in a high-growth occupation. The program consists of two phases of full-time training:
- Pre-Apprenticeship: Four weeks of independent and instructor-led online training. During this phase, you will also interview with employers to be considered for the apprenticeship.
- Apprenticeship: Eight weeks of paid, in-person training focused on practical learning and technical skills followed by 44 weeks of paid, on-the-job training at an employer partner's location.
No Experience Necessary
You are a good fit for the program if you:
- Are 18+ years old
- Reside in New York City
- Meet Federal Selective Service requirements (if applicable)
- Earn $50,000 or less annually
- Are committed to a long-term career in the Advanced Manufacturing sector
- Are comfortable with math and computers
- Like making things and working with your hands
- Can stand for long periods of time
A Real Career Path in Advanced Manufacturing
You will be trained for and placed in roles such as CNC Machinist, Welder, and Industrial Mechanic. You will study:
- Hand tools and power tools
- Blueprint reading and blueprint drawing
- Introduction to woodworking
- Principles of sustainability
- 3D printing
- Metal fabrication
- Laser cutting
- CNC machines
- Other advanced manufacturing topics
You will continue your training and education through your employment.
Earn While You Learn
You will receive a weekly stipend of $325 during the four weeks of pre-apprenticeship (phase 1) and for a portion of your job search period if you are not selected for the apprenticeship (phase 2). You will be paid minimum $17 per hour at a full-time schedule by your employer if you are selected for the apprenticeship. As you gain more skills, you will receive several wage increases and your pay at the end of the one-year apprenticeship will be minimum $19 per hour.
To learn more and apply, please register for an upcoming information session.