Report Damage Following an Emergency

Report Damage

Damaged Home

The Damage Assessment Tool allows the City to immediately collect damage information from New Yorkers to assess the impact upon affected areas. Reporting damage with this form is for tracking purposes only. You will not be provided a confirmation number. If you want to report a specific concern, file a Service Request by visiting 311 online or calling 311 (212-639-9675 for Video Relay Service, or TTY: 212-504-4115).

You can also report damage in one of the following ways:

  • Fallen Tree or Branch to report trees or branches that have fallen to the ground on public property
  • Power Outage to report loss of power or to file a Con Ed Power Outage Claim
  • City Claim to report property damage from a City tree

* Indicates required fields

Homeowner's Insurance: *
Renters Insurance: *
Flood Insurance: *

* Note: Protection against property loss due to flooding is typically not covered under renters and homeowner's insurance policies. For more information, visit or call 1-888-379-9531.

Damage Type: *
Damage Cause: *
Damage Severity:  (Note: Only complete this section if you have experienced structural damage to your home or building.)
Do you have any personal belongings, furniture, or carpets that are waterlogged that you cannot remove yourself? (If yes, please make sure contact information is correct below.)*

Please select "I'm not a robot" below to verify you are a person.