Photo of parents and their baby in the kitchen

Talking, Reading and Singing to Your Child:

Early Childhood Development:

More Help for Parents:

  • To learn more about your baby's development, talk to your pediatrician or family doctor, or call 311 to find a doctor near you.

  • If you have questions about your baby's development, call 311 and ask about the Early Intervention Program

  • If you are pregnant with your first baby and interested in participating in a nurse home visiting program, call 311 and ask about the Nurse-Family Partnership.

  • If you recently gave birth and are interested in receiving a home visit from a health worker, call 311 and ask about the Newborn Home Visiting Program.

  • If you are having a hard time coping with your new baby or are feeling sad or depressed, call 311.

  • If you need help finding child care, visit NYC Child Care Connect.