Driver Protection Unit (DPU)
The Driver Protection Unit protects the rights of all taxi and for-hire vehicle drivers. The Unit investigates complaints submitted by TLC licensees that allege that they have been subjected to illegal conduct including:
- failure to pay drivers what they earned by providing a trip
- failure to return a driver’s security deposit
- failure to provide drivers copies of documents required under TLC rules, including leases and receipts
- overcharge of lease or vehicle purchase amounts
- acts of identity theft
- retaliation for filing a complaint with the TLC
The Unit also reviews New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission rules to improve drivers’ rights and regularly provides Drivers’ Rights trainings throughout New York City. To date, the Unit has helped drivers get back more than $3.2 million.
For more information call (718) 391-5539 or e-mail email@example.com.