Safety Information for Base Owners
Vision Zero Safety Information
The following items are Vision Zero materials developed by TLC and DOT. As a business owner, you can post them in your office or garage and share with your drivers during meetings.
- Read Safety Best Practices (PDF): TLC staff conducted research on best practices related to improving driver safety. Here are some safety measures that you could consider implementing in your business.
- Read Ten Tips for Safe Drivers (PDF): Every driver can be a safe driver by following these ten simple tips.
- Read Tips for Sharing the Street (PDF): Every New Yorker has a role in making our streets safe. Here are some useful tips for sharing NYC streets safely with bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Watch "Drive Like Your Family Lives Here" Video: This 15-minute film shares the perspectives of families of victims of traffic collisions.
- Watch "Safety First: Vision Zero Training for Professional Drivers" Video: This 8-minute training video for professional drivers reviews five dangerous driving scenarios related to speeding, sharing the road with bicyclists, fatigued driving, distracted driving, and left turns.
- Read Speeding, Turning, and Visibility Messages for Drivers (PDF): Pedestrians are crossing the street at all times of the day and are not always easily visible to drivers. These messages can be sent to drivers to remind them of the effect that speeding, turning, and visibility have on safety.
Additional Safety Information
These additional resources published by external groups and businesses promote safe driving. They serve as additional resources that you can share with drivers affiliated to your base.
Defensive Driving Courses for Drivers