In February 2014 Mayor de Blasio released the Vision Zero Action Plan, which outlines actions the Taxi & Limousine Commission, the Department of Transportation, the Police Department, other agencies, the public, and the private sector can take to end traffic-related deaths in New York City. TLC Vision Zero initiatives range from greater education about street safety to incentives for safe driving and enforcement against unsafe behaviors. The City's Vision Zero website offers additional information about initiatives across the city targeting all drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists. This page contains information about TLC's Vision Zero initiatives.
- Vision Zero TLC-Licensed Driver Crash Data (Excel) (Fatal and Critical Injury Crash Review and Enforcement Report for Cooper's Law and Local Law 28 of 2014)
- Vision Zero TLC-Licensed Vehicle Crash Data (Excel) (Local Law 31 of 2014)
- Visit Fatigued Driving Prevention Rules. Fatigued driving is high risk. People who drive many hours, day after day and week after week, have a higher risk of crashing. The Fatigued Driving Prevention Rules are designed to ensure TLC-licensed drivers remain safe and alert while on the road. You can find all current information and guidance for the new rules on this page.
- Visit Fatigued Driving FAQ
- Visit Safety Information for Base Owners. As a base owner, you have the power to make each trip in one of your affiliated vehicles as safe as possible. This page provides base owners with safety practices recommendations for their base, Vision Zero and external safety information to hand out to drivers.
- Visit Vehicle Safety Technology Pilot Program . The Vehicle Safety Technology Pilot allowed companies that provide vehicle safety technologies, such as electronic data recorders (sometimes called "black boxes"), driver alerting systems, and speed governors, to test these technologies in any type of TLC-licensed vehicle.
- Visit Vision Zero Markings on TLC-Licensed Vehicles. TLC-licensed vehicles' markings are increasingly reflecting New York City's focus on safety.
- Visit Outreach and Education. Engaging the public and TLC-licensed drivers, vehicle owners, and business owners in a dialog about safe driving is a key component of creating a culture of safety in NYC.
- Visit 2018 TLC Safety Honor Roll. The TLC Safety Honor Roll annually recognizes taxi and for-hire vehicle drivers who have outstanding records of safe driving over many years and millions of miles behind the wheel. TLC also honors taxi fleets, car service bases, and commuter van companies with superior safety records and drivers who have distinguished themselves as exceptional providers of accessible trips to our city's wheelchair users or customer service.