Livery Passenger Bill of Rights
- As a livery passenger, you have the right to:
- Ride in a car that is clean, in good condition, and has passed all required inspections;
- Be driven by a TLC-licensed driver in good standing whose license is clearly displayed;
- A safe and courteous driver who obeys all traffic laws;
- A quiet trip, free of horn-honking and audio/radio noise;
- Receive a fare quote from the dispatcher and pay that amount for your ride (unless the trip changes);
- A driver who does not use a cell phone while driving (hands-free phones are not permitted);
- A smoke and scent free ride;
- Air-conditioning or heat on request;
- Working seatbelts for all passengers – please use them!
- Not share a ride, unless you want to;
- Be accompanied by a service animal;
- Decline to tip for poor service.
Read the Bill of Rights in other languages below:
If you feel your rights were violated by a livery driver Submit a Consumer Complaint.
Remember to call for your car – No street hails.
For more info visit 311 Online.