Food Stamps

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly known as Food Stamps, helps people with limited income buy food.

If you already get Food Stamps and need help, contact the Food Stamp Center where your case is currently serviced. If you have questions about food stamps, you can visit a Food Stamp Center for assistance. Community Based Organizations (CBOs) also screen applicants for eligibility and help the public apply for Food Stamps.

Retailers can get information about how to accept Food Stamps or Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) benefits.

If you would like to make a complaint about the Food Stamps program, call the Human Resources Administration's Central Complaint Unit at (718) 291-4141.