Property Tax Exemptions and Abatements

Qualified residential property owners can get property tax exemptions, such as the School Tax Relief (STAR) Exemption, Senior Citizens Homeowners Exemption, Disabled Homeowners Exemption, Veterans Exemption, and the Clergy Exemption. You can use the Homeowner Tax Benefits Application to apply for most of the property tax exemptions for your primary residence. Your primary residence is the house, condominium, or cooperative apartment that you live in for the majority of the year or the address where you are registered to vote.

You can also get more information about property tax abatement programs, including the Condo and Co-op Abatement.