New York City Personal Income Tax

New York City (NYC) charges a personal income tax for every income-earning individual residing in New York City. The tax is administered and collected for NYC by the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance.

If you live outside New York City but work for the City of New York and were hired on or after January 4, 1973, you must file Form NYC-1127 and pay the City an amount equal to the personal income tax you would owe if you lived in NYC.