Living in Communities (LINC) Rental Assistance Program
The LINC Rental Assistance Program helps move individuals and families from shelters operated by the New York City Human Resources Administration (HRA) and the New York City Department of Homeless Services (DHS) to permanent housing.Learn more about LINC
CITYFEPS Rent Supplement Program
The CITYFEPS Rent Supplement Program can help eligible families with children at risk of entry to shelter and those already in shelter to secure permanent housing.Learn more about CITYFEPS
SEPS Rent Supplement Program
The City's Special Exit and Prevention Supplement (SEPS) program can help eligible individual adults and adult families (families without children) at risk of entry to shelter and those already in shelter to secure permanent housing.Learn more about SEPS
HUD-VASH Section 8
Under the HUD-VASH program, eligible low income veterans receive a Section 8 rental voucher alongside case management and supportive services from the VA at VA medical centers and community-based outreach clinics.Learn more about HUD-VASH
Veteran Housing Rental Incentives
At the end of December 2015, the federal government announced an end to chronic veteran homelessness in New York City, following a two-year effort by Mayor de Blasio to help veterans who have been homeless for a year or longer find a home. We continue our work to move additional veterans into permanent housing. To support this effort, the incentives described below are currently available to landlords, brokers, and supportive housing providers.
- 15% Broker Bonus (15% of the annual rent) for brokers who connect homeless veterans with LINC apartments or units that can be subsidized using HUD VASH, HPD Section 8, and MRT vouchers.
- $1,000 Landlord Incentive for every apartment and commercial SRO with a one-year lease signed by a homeless veteran.
- $500 Room Rental Incentive to landlords renting rooms through the LINC program for every one-year lease signed by a homeless veteran.
- $1,000 Bonus to Supportive Housing (SH) Providers for each community unit rented to a veteran with a HUD VASH, HPD Section 8, or MRT voucher.
- $2,000 Bonus to Supportive Housing Providers for each community unit rented to a veteran with a LINC voucher.
- Access to a Special Supplemental Assistance Fund of up to $3,000 per year for landlords who house veterans, to cover potential damage to the apartment, as well as to assist with the payment of rental arrears, if needed.
Please contact the Mission Home Call Center at 212-232-0560.