Water Quality

Bluebelt Program

Get information about the Bluebelt program and Bluebelt property maintenance and cleanup. Search for an existing Bluebelt land designation on a property.

Conserve Water at Home Kit

Get a kit to help homeowners conserve water.

Cross Connection and Backflow Prevention

Information about the City's backflow prevention program.

Drinking Water Quality

Learn about drinking water quality.

Drinking Water Quality Report

Get a report on drinking water quality.

Fire Hydrant Request

Request hydrant installation, removal, relocation, locking, unlocking, or spray cap fitting.

Floatable Trash in Waterway Boom or Net Containments

Report trash or problem with a Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) waterway boom boom or net containments.

Municipal Water Finance Authority

Get information about the New York City Municipal Water Finance Authority.

Newtown Creek Visitor Center

Information about the Newtown Creek Visitor Center.

Reduce Risk of Lead in Drinking Water

Learn about reducing lead in drinking water.

Request Lead Test Kit for Drinking Water

Request a kit to test drinking water for high levels of lead.

Water Conservation

Get information about water conservation.

Water Fountain and Bottle Refill Stations

Water fountains and bottle refill stations throughout the five boroughs.

Water Hardness

Get information about water hardness.

Water Service Shut-Off for Residential or Commercial Property

Request to turn off water service at a residential or commercial property.

Water Supply System

Get information about the water supply system, including maps.

Water Vessel for Shipping Hydrant Certificate

Apply for certification to unload water from a shipping hydrant for general use.

Waterfront Flood Zone

Get information about flood zone designations for specific properties.

Watershed and Reservoir Land

Get information about watershed rules and permits.

Water Backflow Permit

Apply for a permit to install and use water backflow preventers.

Water Conservation Variance Permit

Get a permit to use water in a way that is not normally allowed by New York City law.

Water Tap Permit or Sewer Pipe Map

Apply for a permit to connect or close water taps or wet connections. Get a map of sewer pipes.

Fire Hydrant Complaint

Report a hydrant that is damaged, missing, or being used inappropriately.

Fire Hydrant Leaking or Running

You can report a hydrant that is leaking, running, or running at full blast and with great force. The City inspects hydrants running at full blast within 24 hours.

Flooding Street or Highway

Report street or highway flooding or a manhole overflow.

Water Complaint

Report no water, no hot water, only scalding hot water, or poor water quality or pressure.

Water Leak Complaint

Report water leaking into a public area or basement.

Water Sampling Station Defective

Report a defective water sampling station.

Water Wasting Complaint

Report the use of too much water.

Waterway Complaint

Report floatables, trash, oil, gasoline, sewage, or an unusual color in a waterway.