A bulk item is something that is too large to fit into a garbage bin or bag. You can get free curbside removal of bulk items from residences.
Bulk metal and rigid plastic items are collected on recycling collection days, while all other bulk items are collected on normal garbage collection days. There is no limit on the number of non-metal or metal items for each building.
The following guidelines apply:
- You should schedule an appointment for non-recyclable items larger than 4 feet by 3 feet. Items will be picked up on your appointment day.
- Put small (4 feet by 3 feet and smaller) non-recyclable items out the night before any garbage collection day.
- Put recyclable items (metal and rigid plastics) out the night before your recycling day.
- You must make an appointment for the pickup of any appliance containing CFCs or Freon, such as air conditioners and refrigerators.
- You cannot bring bulk items to the City's special waste disposal sites.
- Construction or renovation debris is considered commercial waste, unless you have done the work yourself and did not hire anyone to help. You can place up to six items (bags, bundles) curbside for home repair debris.
- All other bulk items placed out for collection must not be placed in the street, extend in front of another property, or impede pedestrian traffic. If you have a large amount of items, consider placing them out over several collection days.