Rent Regulation

If you are a tenant or landlord of a rent regulated home, you can:

  • Determine if your home is rent controlled or rent stabilized
  • File complaints about landlord failure to provide services, lease renewal problems, and rent overcharges
  • File for rent increases associated with major capital improvements
  • Find the status of your case
  • Clarify provisions of rent laws
  • Get information about rent history, laws, control, and stabilization for privately owned rental units in New York State