Water Tap Permit or Sewer Pipe Map

Only licensed plumbers can request permits for water and sewer work. Plumbers must visit a permitting application office to apply.

Plumbers must have a permit to:


  • Install or remove taps or wet connections to the New York City water or sewer systems
  • Connect a building to the sewer system or plug a connection

Property owners and their licensed plumbers can get a small map showing the water and sewer lines that front the property. These maps are available at permitting application offices.