Amusement Ride License, Permit, or Inspection

The City licenses amusement rides, including roller coasters, ferris wheels, or other thrill rides that are open to the public.

A business must have a Permanent Amusement Ride License for long-term ride operation or a Temporary Amusement Ride License for short-term operation. Truck-mounted, moveable rides must have a Portable Amusement Ride License. Businesses must have an amusement ride permit to construct, alter, or operate a ride. Operators must have a certificate of competence.

Portable rides must pass inspection each time they relocate. Ride operators are responsible for scheduling inspections in advance.