Building Registration

If you own a building with three or more units, you must register the building each year with the Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD).

If you own a building with one or two units, and neither you nor any family member occupies the building, you are also required to register the dwelling.

Annual registration for buildings is due by August 31.