Tavern Wine License

Did you mean: Restaurant Wine License


Liquor Authority State
This license allows the sale of wine and beer (but not liquor) for on-premises consumption. This license is for establishments that do not operate as restaurants with a full kitchen. This license is issued by the State Liquor Authority.

The applicant need not maintain a bona fide restaurant with kitchen but must have a good preparation area and serve substantial food that can serve as a meal.

This license is an Alcoholic Beverage Control Retail License. Applicants that possess an Alcoholic Beverage Control Wholesale Liquor License are disqualified by statute from holding an Alcoholic Beverage Control Retail License.

Contact the State Liquor Authority for more information.

New York State Liquor Authority (SLA)
Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, Zone 1
317 Lenox Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10027
Phone: (518) 474-3114
Website: http://www.sla.ny.gov/

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Requirements Questionnaire to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.