COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic's impact on Driver Education and Testing Centers, new TLC Drivers License applications may take several months to complete. You may still apply for a new TLC Drivers License, but you will not receive a license until you complete all education and testing requirements. Driver Education and Testing Centers are currently operating with limited capacity. As such, it may take up to a year to receive a new TLC Drivers License.>
LARS offers the ability to complete the following transactions:
- Make a license renewal payment
- A payment made using LARS does not mean that your license will be approved for renewal.
- To obtain information on renewal requirements for your license type click on one of the links below:
- Apply for a new license (New Driver or New Vehicle Application)
- Update your personal information online
- Plead guilty or pay summons
- Only a summons where no personal appearance is required can be paid on LARS. If you have an open summons, check to see if the “Personal Appearance Required” box checked
Most of the transactions on LARS are available to current Drivers, Vehicle Owners, Medallion Owners, Agents, SHL Permit holders, Bases and Businesses. Unlicensed entities can also plead guilty and/or pay a TLC-issued summons online by using the Summons number.
Visit LARS online payment site.
- If you pay by E-Check you will not be charged a fee.
- If you choose to pay with a credit or debit card, you will be charged a fee of 2.00% of the payment amount. This fee is nonrefundable. You will see this amount before you check out. The fee will be shown as a separate charge on your credit or debit card statement, and the New York City Department of Finance will be the merchant.
- All license fees, new or renewal are NOT refundable.