Ticket Seller Business License Application Checklist
Note: Some documents on this page are in PDF format, download the free Adobe Reader.
Who Must Have a Ticket Seller Business License?
You must have a Ticket Seller Business license to sell, give, or transfer any ticket to a person or company for them to vend the ticket in a public space. A place of entertainment, mode of transportation, or guided tour does not require a Ticket Seller Business license.
This description is only a general explanation of who must have a Ticket Seller Business license.
Quick List of Requirements to Apply for a Ticket Seller Business License
See Requirements section for detailed descriptions. Make sure you provide all requirements. Otherwise, your application is incomplete, and DCA cannot process it.
Submitting your application does not mean your license is automatically approved.
Important Message about Business Certificate
You must have the applicable Business Certificate based on your business’s legal structure. Although DCA does not require submission of your Business Certificate in order to process your application, DCA may request this document under section 20-104 of the New York City Administrative Code.
Sole proprietors operating under a name other than your own must have a Business/Assumed Name Certificate.
Partnerships must have a Partnership Certificate and, if applicable, an Assumed Name Certificate for your business.
Corporations, Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, or Limited Liability Partnerships must register and remain active with the New York State Division of Corporations. DCA will verify active status prior to license issuance. You can check your status at www.dos.ny.gov/corps
DCA will deny your application if you do not submit these required documents and information:
- Basic License Application.
Online submission: After reviewing the application requirements, please click the Apply Online link at the bottom of the Web page to submit your application.
In-person submission: Download the Basic License Application.
- Ticket Seller Business – Roster of Ticket Sellers (download).
- Ticket Seller Business Non-NYC Resident Form, if applicable (download).
If your business address is not in New York City, you must complete and submit this form.
- Granting Authority to Act Affirmation, if applicable (download).
Required if someone other than the license applicant will prepare and submit this application.
Note: The applicant must sign the license application and all related forms.
- License Fee.
| Expiration Date:
|If You File Your Application Between These Dates:
|From August 1 to December 31
||Pay $45 for a license expiring July 31 of the following year.
|From January 1 to January 31
||Pay $45 for a license expiring July 31 of the same year.
|From February 1 to July 31
||Pay $22.50 for a license expiring July 31 of the same year.
||Pay $67.50 for a license expiring July 31 of the following year.
- Check or money order payable to DCA. (In person)
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card only). You will be charged a nonrefundable Convenience Fee. (In person or online)
Application Filing Process
File in person at the DCA Licensing Center or NYC Small Business Support Center.
Free Interpretation Services
|DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS (DCA) LICENSING CENTER
42 Broadway, Lobby
New York, NY 10004
Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
|NYC SMALL BUSINESS
90-27 Sutphin Blvd, 4th Floor
Jamaica, NY 11435
Monday- Friday: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
are available on-site. To request a disability-related accommodation, please call DCA’s Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator at (212) 436-0155 or visit our Accommodations page
- Review requirements for the license and gather all materials before clicking the button below to submit your application online using a laptop or desktop computer.
- If you haven’t registered an account with the City of New York, you will need to register an account before you can proceed to the online application.
- After you submit the online application, follow the instructions on the confirmation page. DCA cannot process incomplete applications.
- Important: If you need to file another license application, return to the DCA Business Toolbox to read requirements and proceed to the online application.
Additional Resources for Ticket Seller Businesses
- For the laws and rules that may affect your business, visit our Laws page.
Get Voter InformationNote: Whether you apply to register to vote or not, it will not affect the assistance DCA will provide to you. Page updated 9/2017.