Information for Pedicab Businesses and Drivers
Pedicab Registration Plate Lottery 2021
The 2021 period to apply for the pedicab registration plate lottery ended on Tuesday, December 14, 2021. If you submitted a Pedicab Registration Plate Lottery Application before the deadline, the Department of Consumer and Worker Protection (DCWP) will mail you a letter stating whether or not you are randomly selected to receive an offer to obtain a pedicab registration plate.
- If you or your family members have the legal limit of 30 registered pedicabs, you cannot apply for the pedicab registration plate lottery.
- You do not need a Pedicab Business license to apply for the pedicab registration plate lottery; however, you must get a Pedicab Business license and your pedicab must pass inspection within 45 days of receiving an offer to be issued a pedicab registration plate.
- NEW in 2021: Winners may receive an offer to apply for more than one pedicab registration plate, up to a maximum of five plates. The exact number of plates DCWP may offer to a pedicab business will be based on the number of applicants and the number of available plates.
Additional Resources for Pedicab Businesses and Drivers
- Pedicab Timers
- You must use a timer that complies with Handbook 44 and Special Publication 960-12 of the National Institute of Standards and Technology and be inspected and sealed by DCA.
- You cannot use a cell phone as a timer.
- Call 311 or email RequestInspection@dca.nyc.gov to schedule a pedicab timer inspection. The fee is $10 per timer inspection.