Administration for Children's Services311Search all websites

Keeping Children Safe

All children deserve to live without the fear of abuse and neglect. If you suspect that a child is being abused or neglected, make that call.

Report Child Abuse & Neglect

If a child is in immediate danger, call 911.

If you suspect child abuse or neglect:

Call the NY State Central Register (SCR)
Child Abuse & Maltreatment Hotline 24/7

How to make a report

Feeling overwhelmed? - Get Help

Throughout the City, resources are available to provide support services to overwhelmed parents. Parenting is tough, but it should not be tough on children.

Information regarding services and assistance for parents is available by calling 311 and asking for Parenting Support.

Help in Your Neighborhood

Child Safety and Well-Being

It takes all of us working together to give children healthy, happy, and safe childhoods.  These resources provide information to help keep children safe.

Get Involved

We encourage you to get involved in the lives of children in your communities by tutoring, mentoring, coaching, or volunteering.
For opportunities to volunteer, visit NYC Service.

Adult Protective Services

To report abuse and neglect of an adult 18 years old and older, call the New York State Adult Protective Services at 1-844-697-3505. Learn more about NYC services for adults who are physically and/or mentally impaired and need help to live safely in their homes.


Programs & Initiatives