To apply for child support services, any mother, father, or guardian who cares for a child can go the Family Court in the borough they live in. Parents who receive cash assistance are automatically referred to our Borough Offices for services.
Our services include:
• Locating the other parent
• Establishing legal fatherhood (paternity)
• Establishing child support and medical support orders
• Collecting and distributing support payments
• Enforcement of child support orders
Even if you believe the noncustodial parent cannot afford to pay child support right now, you should still get a child support order. Establishing legal fatherhood (paternity) all by itself can benefit your child.
We do not address divorce, custody, or visitation, though we can guide you to outside mediation services.